The Russian Ethnic Representative Council of Victoria is looking for an experienced social worker to join our Aged Care Team! We are seeking a Russian speaking social worker, a part-time position, who has a passion to work with older people (in the North-West suburbs) and make a difference in their lives.
Social worker is responsible for delivering operational and administrative activities to collaborate with the older person to ensure person-centred health and wellbeing outcomes are achieved by engaging with appropriate support systems (formal and informal), and evaluating their effectiveness in accordance with Federal legislation and guidelines as well as philosophy and mission of the Russian Ethnic Representative Council.
• Assesses client’s emotional, social, environmental and financial status.
• Develops care plan with client and relevant collaterals (e.g., family members, physicians, etc.).
• Provides accurate and appropriate information and referral assistance.
• Arranges for provision of services (e.g., home care, meals-on-wheels, etc.).
• Assists clients with application for benefits/entitlements.
• Advocates on behalf of clients with other agencies.
• Provides casework/case management services to clients, monitors cases and has on-going contact with clients and other collaterals.
• Provides counseling services to clients, on an on-going basis and/or during crisis situations.
• Organizes, facilitates, and assists at social, recreational and other group activities and events for clients.
• Represents the organization at community meetings, committees, and inter-agency councils.
• Performs client intake duties. Takes information from client or collateral to determine eligibility and need.
• Becomes knowledgeable about entitlement programs and benefits for our specific client population.
• Maintains case notes and records, and required documentation, according to departmental standards and/or regulatory requirements.
• Prepares statistical and other reports, as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Bachelor degree in psychology, social work or related field
- Sound knowledge of the Commonwealth Home Support Programme
- Experience in working with My Aged Care and other services for older people, counselling and/or therapeutic services.
- Experience providing intensive outreach support to a caseload of families, whilst undertaking risk and needs assessments
- Solid knowledge of the Russian language and Russian Culture
- Demonstrated computer skills alongside skill and experience in utilising electronic databases
- A current drivers licence and access to a fully insured vehicle
- Current Police check (within 12 months) or willingness to obtain one immediately
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com (Include names and phone numbers of 2 referees.)
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact Olga Moskalyova at 9415 8175 Applications close on Monday 09 March 2020.